The value of the broad extracurricular provision for all students is fully recognised in the school. Many areas of the curriculum extend into extracurricular involvement, including fieldwork courses, a multitude of visits, residential experiences, outdoor pursuits (both in the UK and overseas), foreign language exchanges and a wide range of other opportunities.
The school has a tradition of sporting success and has been represented at schools' international level in a wide range of sports. There are also climbing, canoeing and rowing clubs and an extremely well established Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme involving 300+ students every year.
Music is housed in the purpose-built Music Centre with performance rooms, a recording studio, individual practice rooms and ICT facilities, and is well supported by a strong music team of both school staff and peripatetic teachers. As a result, there is a full range of opportunities for students to perform at both individual and group level. The success of the various musical groups results in them being in considerable demand within the wider community.
There are many dance and drama productions during the year for students of all ages.
Our students have the opportunity to join a wide range of clubs and societies which run at lunchtimes or after school. Some favourites include:
- Art Club (open to all year groups and will run Mondays after school from 3.15-4.25pm)
- Dance Club - see below
- Drama Club - see below
- Christian Union
- Science Club (for years 7 & 8) - see below
- Maths homework club - Thursday after school in M4 and M5 from 3:15 through to 4:30, mainly targeting Y11 but all years are able to attend to get help with their work.
- Music clubs - see below
- Writing Club (for years 7 & 8)
- Languages Lunchtime Italian Club
- Climbing Club - see below
- Canoe Academy- (aiming at Slalom competition)
- Boarding Club
- Wakeboarding at Box End (September/October)
- Skiing/Snowboarding at Snozone (November/December)
- Florider (March/April)
- Wakeboarding (May/June/July
- Gardening Club (for years 7 & 8) - see below
- Board Game Club (starting after Christmas 2018)
- Warhammer Club - in the Learning Hub (Wednesday after school)
- A range of sports clubs - see below
Students are encouraged to set up their own clubs if they have an interest they would like to share.
The Learning Hub is open everyday after school for years 7 - 11 students to read, do homework and use the computers- Monday-Thursday 3:15-4:30pm, Friday 3:15-4pm.
Students should always check to make sure after school clubs are taking place.