Health and Well-being support
In order for our students to achieve their very best, they need to feel well, mentally, physically and emotionally and that is why we put student wellbeing at the heart of our approach to sixth form study.
Mental health and wellbeing guidance and support
The nature of sixth form study will be stressful at times for students, but for others it can also be a more challenging experience. The sixth form has a number of support mechanisms available for students no matter their level of need including both internal and external guidance and specialist support. Students or parents with any concerns, seeking advice, or requesting help, should contact Mrs Holland or a member of the sixth form team in the first instance who will then signpost students to the appropriate support
Specialist Student Support
- School Counsellor - The school counsellor - comes into school every Thursday. Please speak to Mrs Holland for more details.
- School Nurse - The school nurse is available every Tuesday. Please speak to Mrs Holland to arrange an appointment.
- CAMH School Support Worker - CAMH support worker is available on a Tuesday. Please speak to Mrs Holland as referrals need to be completed
Useful External Support Contact Numbers and Websites:
- NHS 111 option 2 - Mental health crisis support for all ages is now available 24hrs every day across Bedfordshire.
- Chat Health - https://chathealth.nhs.uk/
- Kooth Counselling - Home - Kooth
- Bedford Open Door - http://www.bedfordopendoor.org.uk/
- Service Six Northamptonshire - http://www.servicesix.co.uk/
- iCaSH - https://www.icash.nhs.uk/
- CHUMS - http://chums.uk.com/bedfordshire-services/
The sixth form takes its duty towards the safeguarding of all students extremely seriously. If students have a concern or issues, or have been involved in an incident that has or is putting them at risk, they should report to a member of the sixth form team as soon as possible. The safeguarding contacts on the sixth form team are:
- Mrs Holland (Health and Wellbeing Lead) – email@example.com
- Mr Baxby (Director of Sixth Form) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or email email@example.com
All other enquires please contact Mrs Holland on 01234 782191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org