School Sports Partnership
Welcome to the Bedford Borough School Sport Partnerships
This website will publicise the work and programmes of the Bedford & Kempston and North Bedfordshire School Sport Partnerships.
The partnerships work with 72 schools in Bedford Borough to offer pupils from the age of 5 to 19 years old increased opportunities to participate in high quality physical education and school sport. We work closely with local sports clubs as well as both national and local partners to assist schools in developing their pupils' skills across the curriculum to engage them in living a healthy, active lifestyle.
This website will keep you informed of all the events that are being run within the partnerships, with news articles and photographs being added from all of our events, along with useful resources, opportunities to book onto forthcoming courses and updates from national organisations.
What are the Objectives of the Partnership?
Following the introduction of the government’s new PE and school sport policy in 2011, our aims are to:
- deliver an inclusive competition programme;
- increase participation in high quality out of school hours learning (OSHL);
- provide support and guidance to schools to ensure high quality physical education;
- use sport as a tool to increase attainment, achievement and improve behaviour;
- increase participation in local sports club and in recreational physical activity.