Social Contact/Car Sharing
We are aware that a number of students car share. Please be advised that the instruction sent out earlier today was incorrect and that car sharing is allowed for the purposes of travelling to an educational setting. However, it is very difficult to socially distance in a car and therefore the Academy recommends that sharing a car between households should be avoided if at all possible during the lockdown period.
In the event of a student testing positive, then all students in the car will be sent home from school to self-isolate for 14 days. Additional guidance on how to keep yourself safe in a shared car can be found is below.
- share the transport with the same people each time
- minimise the group size at any one time
- opening windows for ventilation
- travelling side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
- facing away from each other
- considering seating arrangements to maximise distance between people in the vehicle
- cleaning your car between journeys using standard cleaning products - make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch
- asking the driver and passengers to wear a face covering