Trips & Visits
We offer many residential and day trip opportunities for pupils over the course of the school year. Please view our calendar for upcoming events.
Many subjects have various fieldwork trips to enrich the learning experience along with visits abroad to fully understand the culture or history of a place.
The Modern Foreign Languages Department runs exchanges for all their courses.
There are also school trips that are not attached to subjects and open to all students, such as the ski trip.
Below is an example of what's on offer (click on trip name for more information):
- Grafham Water Outdoor Centre
- Bletchley Park
- Thorpe Park Physics Day
- Cambridge Physics Experience (Cavendish Laboratory)
- Cardington Slalom Course (kayaking)
- Warner Brothers Studio visit
- Natural History Museum
- Knitting & Stitch show
- Spanish exchange UK cultural trips
- Chlitern Hills outdoor education trip
- Good Food Show
- German exchange cultural day trips
- Ski trip
- Blue Peris Outdoor Centre
- DofE Canoe expeditions
- DofE walking expeditions
- French exchange
- German exchange
- Spanish exchange
- Iceland geography fieldwork
- Norfolk biology fieldwork
- Manchester geography fieldwork
- Media Live! Conference Disneyland Paris
- Swanage geography fieldwork
Students have the opportunity to get involved as much or as little as they like. Trips are advertised via the weekly broadcast. Some trips operate on a first come first served basis and are open to all students; others are subject specific. Costs are dependent on the individual trip.
No trips or visits are compulsory to pass the courses but will help to enrich the learning experience.