Year 9, 10 & 11 Curriculum
Most students undertake 10 GCSE subjects (or 8 plus a BTEC) including English literature, which is incorporated within the English course. They also take the ECDL in IT which is equivalent to a further GCSE.
These are subjects taken by ALL students and they consist of:
- English* and English literature*
- Combined Science (or separate science if selected as an option subject)
- Religious education* (including citizenship, personal & social development)
- Physical education
* These are full examination courses leading to GSCEs.
** Students will work towards the European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) in their IT lessons (equivalent to 1 GCSE).
To read more about our core subjects please click here.
In addition, students can select up to 4 optional subjects, such as:
- Modern languages
- Expressive arts
- GCSEs in applied vocational subjects
- Design technology
- BTECs (level 2) in vocational subjects
To read more about our optional subjects please click here.
For more information please email email@example.com