BTEC LEVEL1/LEVEL 2 FIRST AWARD IN MUSIC TECHNOLOGY
Students wishing to study on this course must have an active interest in music technology. It is a very practical hands-on course centred on the numerous vocational skills required by those working in different roles within the music industry.
You must, therefore, be prepared to engage in detailed research regarding the units of study on offer. You will also be expected to demonstrate a mature appreciation for many different types and styles of music. It would be an advantage if you were able to play a musical instrument or if you had some experience of creating music using sequencing or loop-based software.
Units could include:
- The Music Industry – students learn about the music industry
- Managing a Music Product – students put on a rock concert
- Introducing Music Sequencing – students create music using Cubase
- Introducing Music recording – students create a multi-track recording
The course will be assessed in a variety of different ways, including written and practical assignments, presentations and the submission of original or creatively arranged pieces of audio. There is now an examination which needs to be taken to pass the core unit for the course. All coursework submissions will be graded with a level 1 or level 2 pass, merit or distinction.
Through studying the course, students will be able to show that they are competent in:
- taking part in group discussions;
- engaging in research into specific areas to do with the music industry;
- displaying confidence when delivering presentations to peers;
- demonstrating a range of technical recording skills with due regard for health and safety;
- working independently on coursework tasks both in and out of lessons.
What can I do with a Music Technology BTEC?
This course would provide an ideal basis for further study in music technology. Sharnbrook currently offers a full A level in music technology which would be accessible after successful completion of the BTEC course. The vocational nature of the BTEC would also be useful for individuals wanting to begin a career within the music industry after leaving school.
For further information please contact
Mr C Bassett firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr N Carey email@example.com