Year 9 Curriculum
All students will undertake the following subjects:
- Science- students either start a triple or double science route
- Foreign Languages- French and, if two are studied, German or Spanish. Latin is available as an after school lesson.
- Religious Studies
- Expressive Arts- includes Art, Music, Dance and Media
- Information Technology- leading to an ECDL award equivalent to one GCSE
- Design Technology- includes Food Studies, Textiles, Graphics and Product Design
Students also select one activity per term in the electives programmes including numerous sports, creative, musical and well-being activities.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the winter of Year 9 students will start making their decisions about what options to take in years 10 and 11.
Sharnbrook provide a range of activities and events to support students and parents through this decision making process, the highlight being the options evening where students and their parents can view the subjects, ask questions and find out from current students what it is like taking that subject.
For more information about our optional subjects please view the optional subjects page.